All drivers should pay close attention to safety practices and being a motorcycle driver is no exception. Your motorcycle has no framework for protection and no airbags. In most cases, if you are involved in an accident involving a motorcycle the injuries can be severe, often life-threatening. There has been a large increase in the number of motorcycle fatalities in recent years. Following are some important tips for motorcycle operators:
● Be sure that you are comfortable driving your motorcycle.
● Wear proper gear, clothing, footwear, protective eyewear and a helmet that fits well.
● Your lights, signals and brakes should all be in working order before riding it.
● You should never take your eyes off of the road when operating a motorcycle.
● Always use signals so other drivers know what you are intending to do.
● Always ride the middle of your lane to be visible to other drivers.
● Maintain a suitable amount of space between your motorcycle and other vehicles, sharing the lane and passing.
Important information for all vehicle drivers:
● Always keep your eyes on the road and avoid any type of distractions when driving.
● Check blind spots, especially when turning, passing or going through intersections.
● Leave plenty of space between your vehicle and a motorcycle if you happen to be driving behind one.
● Motorcycles are allowed the entire lane so do not attempt to drive beside one.
You have rights and obligations if you are injured due to a vehicle collision. Below are some tips to follow:
If you are able, collect as much information from the other driver as possible. This includes contact information of the driver, insurance information and company, the name on the policy and number. Your personal injury lawyer in Lindsay is going to need it.
• Police do not come to every accident, but you do want to call them. If police do not come to the accident site you can document the accident at the nearest collision center.
• Take as many pictures of all vehicles involved in the accident as possible.
• Make detailed notes of what happened, for your lawyer or insurance company.
• Get as much contact information as possible from any witnesses to the accident.
• After an accident, medical attention is a priority, especially if serious injury is involved.
• Report the accident to your insurer as soon as possible. This will help you settle the claim faster.
You will want to keep a record of everything for your lawyer. An experienced personal injury lawyer will inform you of any important information you need to know and help you recover as much of your losses as possible.